Thursday, November 13, 2008

What!? No tooth fairy

Ok so this morning Cole was getting ready for school and out of the blue he says, "mom are you and dad really the tooth fairy" I was shocked. I sat there for a second and said "do you really want to know" he said "yes tell me the truth" So I told him that yes moms and dads are the tooth fairy. I thought he was going to cry when I said that. I felt horrible but I thought I should tell him the truth. Then I asked him if he was ok and he said "yeah I am fine. I knew it wasn't the tooth fairy that left Reagan(neighbor girl) fairy dust all over her pillow!" Then I asked him how he knew and he said " I was just thinking that a tooth fairy could not get to all the houses of all the kids who lost a tooth. So I know that the tooth fairy sends a note to the kids mom and dad and lets them know how much money to leave them." I said "yep you have it figured out". I just couldn't bring myself to tell him the full truth. It was so cute that he still believed a little. Now lets just hope he doesn't ask about Santa. I am not ready for that discussion!!! I am just not ready for my kids to grow up!!!

5 comments:

Kenzie said...

That is so cute!! It would be hard to tell him the full truth after hearing him say that the tooth fairy leaves a note for the parents.

Kym said...

Oh lisa, that is too cute. What is Krysta doing leaving fairy dust on the pillows, who can keep up with that one? I love how they think they just figure things out. The sad thing is they really are getting old, and it wont be as fun when they really "figure" it out.

Brad and Karlie Lundell said...

Oh how cute, but sad. I'm sure he'll ask about Santa. How old is Cole? I guess he is growing up fast...wow!

Ellie McFreaken said...

Lisa! Ellie just said something about the toothfairy two days ago and I told her that there WAS a toothfairy! How funny! I should probably tell her the truth. Now Santa..that's a whole different story....not read for that!

deleted said...

I have to comment on this because Skyler is really close to losing her 3rd tooth. Court and I left her $5.00 for the first tooth, $1.00 for the second tooth and now we've convinced her that she has to pay the tooth fairy $2.00 when she loses the third tooth! She was in tears two nights ago when I told her she didn't have the money. I felt so bad I had to tell her that she really doesn't have to pay the tooth fairy the tooth fairy will still pay her!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones