Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Broken arm for Cade

It has been a crazy few weeks so I am a bit behind but I can't forget to blog about Cade's broken arm. Last Tues we were at Riverdale park with cousins just enjoying some lunch and letting the kids play. We had been there an hour or so and apparently the kids were playing jail and Cade did not want to play anymore so he decided to go on the slide instead. His cute little cousin wanted him to still play so he came to get Cade from the top of the slide and tried to get him to put him into jail and it threw Cade off balance and he fell from the top of an 8 foot slide. I heard screaming and my sister ran over and scooped Cade up and his arm was just totally bent and hanging there. I seriously thought I was going to throw up when I saw his arm. I am no Dr. but for sure I knew it was broken. So off we rush to the emergency room. He is a tough kid. For the amount of pain he was in he didn't cry very much at all. The x-rays showed both bones in his arm were broken. They called the orthopedist to come and put the bones back into place. So they knocked Cade totally out and put the bones back together and casted him up (I left the room for this part but Aaron stayed with him). 4 hours later we were finally back home. Cade had a few rough days after that but now he is feeling back to normal. We go back to the Dr. tomorrow to see if he will need surgery but we are hoping that everything has stayed in place to we can avoid surgery. Cade sure felt pretty special after all of this. He got lots of treats, money, toys, and phone calls. He thought it was pretty cool that everyone cared so much. He is also excited for when people will be able to sign his cast.

2 comments:

rochelle said...

I forgot to call you....does he have to have surgery? Man he was one brave little guy. I for sure would be barfing over seeing his broken arm! I hope he is feeling better!

Eichmeiers said...

i'll put the awesome pics of his arm on my blog!! he was so tough! poor kid.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones